This is an easy paddle down the shallow Pemigiwasset River that is appropriate for all ages. We’ll stop at noon for a picnic lunch (Parent’s provide their and their kids’ lunches), then stop at the old railroad trestle bridge for the traditional Glory Leap (optional, pictured right). Many kids bring water guns for some good-old-fashioned maritime battles, so plan on getting wet!
- Buses to the river will load starting at 10:00, and leave promptly at 10:20, if you miss the buss, you miss the trip!
- Canoes, kayaks, paddles and live vests will be distributed at the river. PLEASE TAKE ONLY WHAT YOU RESERVED!!!
- Make sure you've registered in advance, there will be no extra boats available
What to bring:
- Pack a small cooler with drinks, snacks, and sandwiches for your crew. Remember, we are on the river for 3-4 hours so bring enough food and water and cooling packs.
- Wear a bathing suit
- Hats and sunblock
- Plastic bag for any goods, cameras, etc.
- If you plan on walking on the bridge (to jump or not) bring water shoes! The wood is very splintery.
More questions? Check out the FAQ's
Leah C. - Senior Kindergarten