While around 90% of the attendees join the river trip each year, it's not to everyone's taste - and that's ok! There are lots of other things to do in the area during the day Saturday - here's a list:
- Hiking the Welsh-Dickey Mountain Loop, a 4.5 mile moderate hike that takes around 3 hours
- Visit Clarks Trading Post, a family theme park known for its "Bear Show", steam train, and museums
- Mountain Biking can be done throughout the area on the many trails and service roads
- Go explore the Polar Caves, a series of granite caves left by the last ice age.
- Shop, eat or relax at the Waterville Valley Town Square
- Or, just hang out at the campsite and enjoy some peace and quiet!
NOTE: No matter what you choose to do Saturday, don't forget to bring a lunch from home!